Tuesday, July 6, 2010

MOHS Surgery

Today is the day of my MOHS surgery to remove the Basal Cell Skin Cancer on my nose. MOHS surgery is very unique in its precision. Instead of removing the tumor and a large area of normal skin around it, Dr.Parker will be able to remove the minimum amount of skin with this process. This morning I began the process at 7:45. I started with numbing shots in my nose by Dr.Parker and then a couple more by the nurse. After the medicine started working and I was no longer able to feel anything it was time to take the first layer off. It was an eternity of scraping (which was only like 15 minutes in reality) and then I was bandaged up and sent to the waiting room (which is where I am now). I will wait for approximately an hour and a half while they look at the skin under a microscope for malignant cells. If I still have cancerous cells after they observe it I will continue this process (remove a layer, check it, remove a layer, check it) until I am cancer free. Lets hope they only have to do it one more time! Here is a picture. Attractive... I know. (Sarcasm)


No comments:

Post a Comment