Monday, August 2, 2010

Plastic Surgery #2 is TODAY

So it has almost been a month since I had MOHS surgery and my first plastic surgery. Since the last time I posted my nose looks completely different.

10 days after the plastic surgery I was able to have the stitches removed. They immediately covered the stitch marks with steri-strips. Steri-strips are a very sticky tape that kept the area really tight where the stitches had been. I had to keep these on for a week. As you can see I was back to big hair and big jewelry! : ) Minus the ugly bandages, I was back to my normal self.





After a week, the steri-strips were removed and I was able to be bandage free. BUTTTT... I did not feel comfortable going out and about with my "elephant trunk" ( I will explain in just a second) so I opted to cover it up with a bandage every day.



Under the bandage is my "elephant trunk" which is really a bridge. This bridge is there to keep the new skin on my nostril alive. Without this the new patch of skin would die. This "elephant trunk" or bridge as most call it will be removed during my second plastic surgery (which is today in about an hour)



As you can see from the picture the new skin is healthy and growing just fine. (This is why I finally get to have the bridge removed! YAY!) So far the doctor says everything looks GREAT and I agree! I am so pleased with everything. The scar on my cheek is not really noticeable at all when I smile. It blends in right with my "smile crease". With time and microdermabrasion all of the scars will be less noticeable. As for now, I am very pleased! : )



So far everything is going perfectly on schedule as the doctor had anticipated. Thank goodness that today the "elephant trunk"/ bridge will be gone! Very excited to not look abnormal but very nervous about the surgery. Especially the numbing shots. But it is all worth it. I cant wait to say farewell to the weird looking face below!





I got my ipod ready to go for surgery. I don't know how much pain will come with this surgery (praying not much at all) so depending on that I will post soon with pictures and details.

Love, Staci

Oh and one more thing! One of my dearest friends had this owl pillow made for me. Isin't it so cute! I love it. Thanks LG! (Made by Audie Oopie)

7 comments:

  1. Staci, how are you doing? I also had Mohs surgery on my nostril, in May. Terrifying experience. Also wrote about it. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope you are healing well.
    All the best,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Staci, I was googling "biopsy" and came across your blog. I have to have a biopsy on my lip & cheek so obviously I'm incredibly nervous. How did your second surgery go? How are you now? Thank you so much for posting your experience with skin cancer. I actually feel better since reading your blog. I feel confident that I have a good doctor and a supporting family no matter what the outcome is. I'm only 23 so your story is very close to home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on your great progress.Staci you are simply gorgeous!!!!!! You have such a nice nose completely healed!!!! That’s the best you can wish !!!!!! Fantastic !!!!! Even Mohs Surgery provides the highest possibility of cure when other techniques have failed. And thanks again for sharing this with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn’t just inspire me, but a lot of people! What you experienced is out of the ordinary! Skin cancer at the age of 22 is not easy to go through, but you conquer it all. I guess having lots of love from your family and friends definitely makes you stronger. I’m happy that you had a successful surgery! Keep us posted for the updates!

    Terry Bayer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this the same as Rhinoplasty? From what I can see, it's looking great! I'm glad that it's healing very fast! Though, you may be experiencing skin cancer at 22, you still look happy and exuding this very vivacious and happy girl! With all the love and support that you're getting, you have a pretty awesome support group all throughout this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. liposuction cost in michigan

    ReplyDelete