Friday, July 19, 2013

Dermabrasion

Today I had dermabrasion to make my scar even more unnoticeable. This is the first procedure that I have ever had in terms of helping the scar look better. I'm going to be truthful, I was terrified. I haven't had anything done to my face in 3 years so just the thought of anything to do with pain and my face was scary. This was pretty much me the whole time...
My doctor started out by putting numbing cream on the area. I waited 45 minutes for it to set in.
After the area was numb we started the procedure. The nurse told me it was like sanding it down. After 1-2 minutes we were done!
The area is like raw skin now. I have to change the bandage daily for 7-10 days (depending on how fast it heals).
So now it's bandages for a little over a week and then a check up in 3 weeks. Next update coming your way after the bandages are off. I hope this was helpful for anyone interested in dermabrasion for their scar. XOXO, Staci

8 comments:

  1. -Nice to know that it all went well for you, Staci. Boy, that is a nasty scar you got there, but thanks to modern technology and advances in surgical procedures, it's like it wasn't even there! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you recover quite nicely.

    Alejandro Quiroz@ CosMedClinic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is amazing you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are looking better against previous pictures.

    Acne Treatment Birmingham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for for sharing your story with me I know you did not have to. I hope everything continues to go well. Even though I NEVER noticed! I find the medical technoligy fascinating!!! - Maiya N

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a scar from a nasty dog bite that was surgically worked on. I am.getting dermabrasion done finally after so many interventions that has costed me thousands of dollars. I can't wait to get it done .... I have it scheduled this december... oh yea it's on my face too forgot to mention it .

    ReplyDelete
  6. White Rock Laser Clinic has established a dominant position in the market by offering a wide range of services such wrinkles removal, age spots removal,Wart and skin, Varicose Veins removal and much more. We have occupied the market by creating a powerful brand and large customer base through delivering reliable and healthy cosmetic treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going on my fourth week after Mohs and flap surgery. We could be twins. You have been my inspiration!! I can't wait to have them disconnect, what I affectionately named , my micro penis". They expect similar results and I will be thrilled to look as great as you do. They will wait another 3 months before they try to smooth it and thin it down if necessary and then have dermabrassion for scaring. Thanks for sharing your story!!!

    ReplyDelete